Vijaya College of Nursing
Vijaya Medical & Educational Trust was established by Late.Sri.B.Nagi Reddi, a great visionary, who believed that all people irrespective of their caste, creed, and socio-economic status should have access to quality health care services at affordable cost.Vijaya Hospital was incepted in the year 1972 under Vijaya Medical & Educational Trust has been expanded to 631 bedded multispeciality hospital by adding Vijaya Health Centre,Vijaya Heart Foundation,Vijaya Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics and Vijaya College of Nursing. Vijaya Medical & Educational Trust is a centre that provides complete care for patients with all kinds of ailments.
The Institution is renowned for the compassion and warmth that it offers to all those who walk through its doors.
- Training in multispeciality hospital
- Accommodation Facility
- Job Guaranteed
- Experienced Faculties
Our vision is to provide continuous quality nursing education ,comprehensive health care at gross root level and research with adherence to moral , legal and ethical Values”.
The Vijaya College of Nursing committed to provide the student’s nurses with academic excellence and professional excellence with the motto “Selfless Service for A Healthy Society.
We believe in,
- The overall development of the students in order to face the new challenges and modern technologies in medical science
- Need to prepare nurses who can make independent decision and practicing the profession to protect the rights, developing nursing profession, providing preventive, promotive, curative, and rehabilitative health care , conduct research studies in the area of nursing practice.
- Preparing nurses to assume the role of Educator, Supervisor & manager in a clinical /public health & Education setting.
On completion of the Basic B.Sc(N) Programme the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individual and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest, and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
- Scope of Nursing practice encompasses provision of Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative aspect of care to people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings. Practice of Nursing is based upon application of basic concepts and principles derived from the Physiological, Biological and Behavioral Sciences, Medicine & Nursing.
- This programme provides a solid foundation for continuing professional development and for postgraduate study of Nursing (M.Sc Nursing), which can pave way to achieve M.Phil (N) & Doctoral Degree in Nursing & Post Doctoral Fellowships.